Birds can get a little messy at times, and I’m shocked by the lack of people talking about the best vacuums for birds online. Not only that but not answering the most common questions like…
- Can you use a regular vacuum?
- What is the best robot vacuum for birds?
- What vacuum is best for birdseed, dander, and feathers?
All these questions and more will be answered!
Best Vacuum For Birds
Everyone has their opinion, but for me, the very best vacuum you can get for all the messes that your birds make will be a shop vacuum.
You can use a regular vacuum if you like, but I find they don’t last as long. You’re dealing with chunky items like birdseed which can destroy a regular vacuum cleaner.
With some vacuums like Miele, which get pricy, I rather NOT destroy them with bird seed. Plus, if you’re going to spend that much it would be better to get the Dyson handheld or Shark handheld as they can fit in more places and are lighter too.
Best Shop Vacuum For Birds
- Vacmaster, VBV1210, 12 Gallon 5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Shop Vacuum with Detachable Blower*
- Shop-Vac 5989300 5-Gallon 4.5 Peak HP Stainless Steel Wet Dry Vacuum*
- CRAFTSMAN CMXEVBE17590 9 Gallon 4.25 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vac, Portable Shop Vacuum with Attachments*
A shop vacuum can handle all the birdseed and the other messes that a regular vacuum cleaner won’t. Hands down, a shop vacuum is the best vacuum for birdseed!
Best Handheld Vacuum For Birds
- Dyson V7 Trigger Cord-Free Handheld Vacuum Cleaner*
- BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser Lithium-Ion Cordless Hand Vacuum*
- Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Corded Bagless Vacuum*
Some messes don’t need a large vacuum so a handheld will do. Even a corded handheld vacuum will work fine, plus those are the ones with the most power!
The Shark Rocket is not what most people think of as a handheld vacuum but out of all of them, it’s the best. It has the power and will get into tight spots.
If you’re more concerned about bird dander you should check out Kenmore Elite 31150*.
Can You Use A Robot Vacuum For Bird Messes?
I’m a massive supporter of robot vacuums, just search through this site.
But I must say a robot vacuum is not a replacement for your shop vacuum or even a regular vacuum for when it comes to birds. So keep this in mind.
If you need something to help clean up the in-between messes that your birds make then a robot vacuum will be perfect!
The most significant benefit of a robot vacuum is how well it can handle birdseed. No matter if it’s carpet or hardwood, robot vacuums are quite good at picking up bird seed or even cat litter-like pieces.
If anything, a robot vacuum will be great for daily cleanings. Then you use the shop vacuum for the deeper cleanings once a week.
It doesn’t matter what kind of birds you have, from Parrots, Cockatiel, Canary, Pionus, Cockatoo, Parrotlet, Finches, Macaw, Lovebird, Budgerigar, or even Pigeons – a robot vacuum can help greatly!
Best Robot Vacuum For Birds
- Roomba 690 – it’s what I personally use and have a review on it here.
- eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S*
- ECOVACS DEEBOT 500*